[Fedora-xen] cannot boot into xen kernel

Yuming Fei yfei_7 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 03:57:43 UTC 2007

Here are the flags in the cpuinfo file, looks like the CPU has the PAE support:
$ grep pae /proc/cpuinfo
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse up

or, maybe I am missing something here? Any helps will be appreciated.
Mike

Robert Story <rstory-l at 2006.revelstone.com> wrote: On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 20:44:41 -0700 (PDT) Yuming wrote:
YF> After installing xen, I cannot boot into the xen kernel. This is on Insprion 4100 laptop, running Fedora core 6.

I seem to recall that FC6 has a PAE kernel, and many/most laptops don't have
PAE support in their CPUs.