[Fedora-xen] LVM backed storage

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 12:40:03 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 12:08:09PM +0100, Adrian Revill wrote:
> Hi,
> I have created a DomU using a logical volume created on the Dom0 called
> node-image, and i can see it as the device /dev/VolGroup00/node-image
> When i installed the OS i created a custom disk layout of a single ext3
> / partition. (an odd layout, but this is for a diskless client image)
>
> I would like to be able to mount the /dev/VolGroup00/node-image on Dom0,
> but i cannot work out how to create the device nodes for the partition.
>
> So i thought i could use the xm attach-block command
>
> xm attach-block 0 /dev/VolGroup00/node-image /dev/node-image ro
>
> This said it had created the device but i could not see it in /dev on Dom0
>
> Does any one know how i can mount /dev/VolGroup00/node-image partition 1?

KPartx

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC6#head-9c5408e750e8184aece3efe822be0ef6dd1871cd

BTW, it really helps if you change the anaconda default volume names when
provisioning guests. It gets confusing as hell if both your guest & host
use VolGroup00 and you want to access the guest volumes from the host :-)

Dan.