Réf. : Re: [Fedora-xen] Xen and para -virtualisation

jean-paul.pigache at bull.net jean-paul.pigache at bull.net
Tue Apr 24 13:32:32 UTC 2007

Yves,

Paravirtualization means that the guest OS is modified to be virtualized.
To run Windows as a guest OS with Xen, assistance from the processor is
needed. An Intel-VT or AMD-V processor is required.
JPP

Sadique Puthen <xenguy at gmail.com>
Envoyé par : fedora-xen-bounces at redhat.com
24/04/2007 14:25

        Pour :  yves.limoge at cea.fr
        cc :    fedora-xen at redhat.com
        Objet : Re: [Fedora-xen] Xen and para-virtualisation

LIMOGE wrote:
> Saclay ce 24 avril 2007
>
> Dear All
>
>    I need (halas) to run a Windows on my fedora powered workstation.
> Can anybody tell me if the Xen para-virtualisation tool can really
> host Windows,

No.
> and what are the adaptations to be done to get a working one on a
> machine which doesn't has the Intel VT technology ?

Request microsoft to opensource windows code so that we can modify it to
work as a paravirtualised guest.