[Fedora-xen] win2k3 server standard edition hangs on"StartingWindows"

Per Hjartoy per at actius.com
Wed Aug 15 23:30:24 UTC 2007

Hi Chris,

I'm trying to install win2k3 standard on Fedora 7. The configuration system
is different, but I'm running into the same issues that you have. I've been
able to solve the CD problem with the help of Andy (RedHat). (I met him at
Linux World last week) No documentation exists about this matter as we could
find. However, there are still issues and any reboot of the win2k3 server
requires a "fake" reinstall to get it up and running again.

If we could connect off list, maybe we could compare notes and report back
about our progress. It would also be nice to get someone from the distro
team to join us as well. I have suspicion that virtualization of win2k3
wasn't given much attention and that we jointly can provide some good
feedback.

You can contact me a per-at-actius-dot-com.

-- Per