[Fedora-xen] Cannot boot F7 LiveCD as Xen Guest

Jon Steer jsteer at bitscout.com
Sun Aug 19 04:37:43 UTC 2007

Hello,
 I am trying to boot a F7 LiveCD with the following command line

 virt-install --hvm --name=mytestvm --ram=1280 \
 --nodisks --livecd --cdrom=livecd-20070818-2122.iso  \
 --os-type=linux  --vcpus=1  --vnc

However, I cannot connect to the console. All that I get is a black screen.

The liveCD is built with the default livecd-tools kickstart which
produces a simple, no-X based console system.

I have read through the list and noticed that there was a thread about
having to have inittab setup so that the console is pointed at xvc0?
and also so the kernel had a command line of "console=tty
console=xvc0,9600n8"

is this the case, or is there something else I'm missing?

thanks,
jon