[Fedora-xen] kvm crash on f8

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Dec 21 22:46:54 UTC 2007

Jeff Layton wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:57:24 +0900
> John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
>
>> [1] Producing the CD isn't a problem, sticking it in the imaginary CD
>> drive was, and while I think the needed ISO is right there too, I
>> especially don't know how to shuffle virtual CDs.
>>

> Generally, what I've had to do is run qemu-kvm from the command line
> with "-monitor stdio". When you need to change cd's, in the qemu
> monitor console you do:

Most of my vms are xen; I decided to give kvm a fly when I decided I
really don't like that I can't get framebuffer working on the xenified
kernel.

If kvm works, that's probably what I'll use where I have hardware
assist, I like that I don't have to choose it at boot tine.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait