[Fedora-xen] problem with xenguest-install at redhat.com

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Tue Feb 6 21:42:38 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 18:10 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> The CentOS 4 distro does not suppport paravirtualization. You will have to
> do full virtualizated installs, which require local ISO image / CDROM.

I'm running two CentOS 4.4 domU on a FC6 dom0 right now, though they
weren't created with the virt-install tool.  I want to setup two more
CentOS 4.4 domU, but this time with virt-install - that's when I had
problems.

I suspect there are some problems though because udev fails to start
when the domU boot.  Also, I have to manually kill nash-hotplugd because
it eats 99% of the CPU.  I didn't have this problem at all when dom0 was
FC5.

When CentOS 5 is out, I'm going to use it as dom0.  That should run
paravirtualized CentOS 4 domU well (as far as I know).

I want to get a new server so I can have full virtualized domUs.  But,
it's not in the budget - maybe in a couple of years.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu