[Fedora-xen] Problem about installing guesting OS with virt-manger of Fedora Core 6

taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu
Wed Feb 28 18:06:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thank you guys a lot.

This time I didn't create the file manually. Just Let the virt-manager to
do this. First, I try to use /home/jane/xen/box1, but it failed.

So according to Dan's suggestion, I use /var/lib/xen/images/box1 as the
storage location of guest OS.

But why this file has to be under /var/lib/xen/images rather than /home? I
didn't realize this problem when I was intalling the guesting OS before.
Only /var/lib/xen/images is a valid directoy? Is there any other valid
directory?

And I found another problem even if I use /var/lib/xen/images/box1 :

"The partition table on device xvda was unreachable. To create new
partitions it must be initialized, causing the loss of All Data on this
drive. This opeartion will override any previous installation choices
about which drives to ignore. Would you like to initialize this drive,
erasing ALL DATA?
"

So this means each time I want to install an guest OS, I have to create
new partition? It seems not good. :(

And I don't know how to solve this problem. This is the first time I use
Fedora Core and XEN. I want to do some experiments about the VM migration
with XEN.

Do you guys have any idea of above problem? Thanks a lot.

Regads,
Angel