[Fedora-xen] FC6/Xen/CIFS mount broken

master at bradleyland.com master at bradleyland.com
Thu Jan 25 17:58:14 UTC 2007

With further narrowing down, I've isolated my FC6/xen crashes to mounting
a CIFS volume. A single mount is all that is required to cause the kernel
oops.

Please see fedora bugzilla # 214622.

It looks as though the base kernel has been patched, but the xenified
kernel has not. (?) If the xen kernels have been patched, then the problem
still exists.

Doesn't matter whether the Windows share is mounted rw or ro. Same
behavior. No IO required. After the mount, the machine will crash within a
minute or so, virtually every time so it should be easy to test.

Can anyone tell me when the non-xen CIFS kernel patch will make it into
the xen kernels? This bug has been driving me crazy.

Thanks,

Dave

[root at firewall2 ~]# uname -a
Linux firewall2.xxxxxxx.com 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6xen #1 SMP Wed Jan 10
19:47:12 EST 2007 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux