[Fedora-xen] FC6/Xen/CIFS mount broken

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 22:47:17 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, master at bradleyland.com <master at bradleyland.com> wrote:

> Hmmm, interesting. I don't know as I'm not running any 64bit hardware. I
> can bring down either dom0 or domU with a single mount.
>
> Have you tried mounting a "real" Windows share? Probably doesn't make any
> difference though...
>
> The patch exists. If I get tired of waiting, I'll get the kernel sources,
> put in the patch and compile it myself. Just a hassle.

Just on a whim, I tried mounting a share on my Windows 2003 server box
here at home, and it mounted just fine as well.  Unfortunately, I
don't have any regular X86 boxes here running the Xen kernel, so I
can't really tell for sure what would happen doing this on a normal
X86 machine.  It's strange, but even using older Fedora 6 kernels on
X86, I haven't had any issues *MOUNTING* a cifs partition - but I
would find that I couldn't read those files properly at one time.

Jeremy