[Fedora-xen] Re: DomU boot on Fedora 6 fails with 'no root found' error.

K T Ligesh ligesh at lxlabs.com
Wed Jan 31 21:05:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 03:39:08PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> K T Ligesh wrote:
> >On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 01:40:58PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> >
> >>And at some point will xen and selinux be compatible? I have everything
> >>in the "right" place, but it still doesn't work.
> >>

> That's true, but I regard "turn off security" in the same light as "run
> setuid root so you bypass all that permissions stuff." And at least some
> of the places I could use this require selinux. setenforce doesn't
> disable it, just sets it advisory, which means it still fails and tells
> you there's no such file as <whatever> when there is, just where it
> should be. Daniel keeps telling me it works for him, so it's some
> failure of understanding.

 The initrd on fc6 is fucking broken. It doesn't have xenblk or xennet added. The reason I think is that initrd is created dynamically and the code doesn't have the --preload=xenblk. This is the actual command you have to run to get a proper initrd.

echo "/dev/sda1               /                       ext3    defaults 1 1" > myfstab
mkinitrd -f --with=xennet --builtin=aic7xxx --builtin=serverworks --preload=xenblk --omit-raid-modules --omit-lvm-modules --fstab=myfstab  /boot/xen-initrd.img 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6xen

 (Command courtesy of Jerry from xen-users, slightly modified by me).
 This will fix everything.

 Thanks.