[Fedora-xen] Xen status for FC7

FCXen fcxen at itsbeen.sent.com
Thu Jul 5 12:24:39 UTC 2007

Robert Story wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:17:54 -0700 FCXen wrote:
> F> > Are you sure you're not missing the domU's console? I noticed that with
> F> > at least the FC6 and F7 domUs, the boot output starts on the serial
> F> > console, then transfers to the graphical console. I'm not familiar with
> F> > the Centos domU's behavior, but it might be something to check.
> F>
> F> I think this is a big problem, it happened to me.* Unfortunately, I was trying
> F> on FC6 Test 2/3 so I was told to get the F7 release version and try that.
> F>
> F> There is no clear step by step how to on how to build GUI-less domUs for FC6
*
> F> or F7
>
> I simply edit the xen config file and comment out the virtual frame buffer
> line (vfb = [...]), and it works fine w/out a GUI...

How? For creating a domain, "we" (the headless/ssh/GUI-less/text-based people)
can't get through the creation process. And I thought that the F7 Xen didn't
have config files anymore, that it was all stored in an XML blob in a db
somewhere. Is that not the case?

I am pretty sure that it is not possible to do an interactive text based
creation of a F7 domU on an F7 dom0 via the virt-install command. And since I
posted my previous msg there have been at least 2 more people posting (here
and the Xen list) with the same problem AFAICT. I'll contact Thomas Chung
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasChung when I get a chance and ask him to
create a Xen F7 QuickStart page so that it can get in the search engines and
people can find out that they need to use some other method for doing Xen
installs on F7. Unless there actually is a secret way to do it, if that is the
case I'll try to send him the actual step for people to follow.

* Sorry, I should have said specifically F7... I was testing on F6 test 2/3 so
those weren't really FC6.