[Fedora-xen] Xen kernel doesn't boot for me

Doug Eubanks admin at dougware.net
Fri Jul 6 16:45:20 UTC 2007

I've tried the xen kernel on Fedora 6, CentOS 5 and now I'm running Fedora 7.

Each time, it seems to hang during or perhaps right after the SCSI hardware is initialized.  It doesn't panic, although it sometimes prints messages about USB devices not accepting new addresses (but not always).

I am attaching my SCSI and CPU info, if anyone has a suggestion to fix or troubleshoot this I would appreciate any information.

[root at DMZServer /]# ls /proc/scsi/
aic7xxx  device_info  gdth  scsi  sg

[root at DMZServer /]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 10
model name      : Pentium III (Cascades)
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 701.640
cache size      : 1024 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips        : 1403.76
clflush size    : 32

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 10
model name      : Pentium III (Cascades)
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 701.640
cache size      : 1024 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips        : 1403.02
clflush size    : 32

processor       : 2
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 10
model name      : Pentium III (Cascades)
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 701.640
cache size      : 1024 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips        : 1403.02
clflush size    : 32

processor       : 3