[Fedora-xen] ups connected to serial port, but can't communicate via ttyS0

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Mon Jul 9 12:19:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

I tried to use ttyS0 in dom0 for a serial interface UPS, but apcupsd
complains that it can't talk to ttyS0. I look through /var/log/messages,
and sure enough, xen is using it:

Jul  3 09:45:22 xenmaster kernel: Xen virtual console successfully
installed as ttyS0

Can that be turned off, so that ttyS0 isn't used by Xen?  I tried to do
this several months ago, but back then I was told Fedora was working
towards fixing the serial port access problems.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu