[Fedora-xen] Xen kernel doesn't boot for me

Doug Eubanks admin at dougware.net
Mon Jul 9 12:49:50 UTC 2007

So I tried the lastest XEN kernel again on Friday (2.6.20-2925.11.fc7xen).

It gets hung in a loop resetting the AIC7xxx adapter.  It resets, timesouts, resets again over and over.

I have two adapters that use that driver in my system, the on board (which is disabled) and an Adaptec 2940 which has my DLT tape drive attached.  Is it possible that the 2.6.20-2925.11.fc7xen kernel has a bug in the AIC7xxxx driver that's been patched in the newer mainline kernel?

If anyone needs the specific messages, I will be happy to write them down today (I have to reboot to install another 1G of RAM that's arriving today).

Thanks,
Doug Eubanks

  _____