[Fedora-xen] guest domain couldn't be started

Selim Jahangir s.jahangir at qut.edu.au
Tue Jul 10 06:24:36 UTC 2007

Hi there
I have installed Xen virtual machine in Red Hat Enterprise 5 named
virtpc1. Now can you tell me how can I get more copy of the virtpc1
named virtpc2, virtpc3 etc ?

What I have done so far ,

I copied the virtpc1 as virtpc2 and virtpc3 in /etc/xen , changed the
hostname and file name in config respective in /etc/xen also I copied
the disk file in /opt/virtpc1 as virtpc2 and virtpc3.

When I type
# xm create virtpc1 , it creates domain virtpc1 fine and running fine.
But when I type xm create virtpc2 it fails but if I type xm list and I
can see two more domains created by the named virtpc1 virtpc1 , same
name twice , it supposed to be virtpc1 and virtpc2.

Any solution please ?

Regards
selim