[Fedora-xen] No graphical console for HVM guests in F7?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 23:48:57 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 06:12:05PM +0200, Felix Schwarz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently migrated my Xen guests to a new host running F7 (64 bit), the
> old one was FC6 (64 bit). After this migration, I do not have a graphical
> console for my hvm guests when I double click a vm in virt-manager. This
> worked in FC6 and it still works for pv guests.
>
> The only exception is my 32 bit (hvm) Fedora 7 guest which I created at the
> new host so it uses the new config system. This hvm guest is the only one
> which has a graphical console.
>
> I guess my problem is related to the Xen update from 3.0.3 -> 3.1 but I
> don't know how to enable graphical consoles...

Upstream changed the syntax in the config files for this, but there is
supposed to be back-compatability support for the old syntax in there.
You should file a bug about this not working.

Anyway, old syntax was

   vnc=1

And one or more of

   vnclisten=1
   vncunused=1
   vncdisplay=4
   vncpassword=xxxxx

Now, it uses

  vfb = [ 'type=vnc,vncunsed=1,vncdisplay=5,vncpassword=xxxxx' ]

So you may also wish to try updating the configs

Dan.