[Fedora-xen] Re: No adsl in dom0 - Fedora 7

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at online.de
Wed Jul 18 17:19:32 UTC 2007

Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
> Ronald Warsow wrote:
>> Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
>>> I am having problems establishing an adsl connection in dom0 (but
>>> ONLY in dom0, without xen everything is ok). Following is my
>>> setup/situation:
> ...snipp...
>>> Can anybody tell me why adsl does not work in the fedora 7 dom0? It
>>> used to work just fine with fedora 6. How do I get it to work?
>>
>> did you try on the command line:
>>
>> pppoe -I eth0 -A
>>
>> to test, if you can see your Access Concentrator ?
>>
>> (assuming your network device is eth0 *and* up)
>
> I now did. It just says:
>
> pppoe: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
>
> Any other ideas that might help me diagnose the problem?

Does this mean you *can* see the mac address of your AC ? and
you can't connect to it ?

this and the related links(end of the site)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-to-Point_Protocol_over_Ethernet

but this should help to investigate:
1. can you ping another box over this link ?
	no ?
	=> bug/configuration problem with *your* nic/network stack

2. can you see the mac address of your AC ? (pppoe options)
	no ? AC not reachable
	=> try with none xen kernel:
	no ?
	=> try later.
	but you reported this part works with none xen kernel.

3. you can reach your AC (you see the AC mac address) and you need to
debug it (see pppoe debug options) to see why
	=> your adsl connection setting is faulty
	- i try to remember -
	=> /etc/ppp/pppd.conf or something like that;
        look for debug, esp. timeout parameter settings, there are some !

> - Arik
>
> --

      Ronald