[Fedora-xen] Re: No adsl in dom0 - Fedora 7

Arik Raffael Funke arik at funke.eu
Wed Jul 18 21:19:21 UTC 2007

Ronald Warsow wrote:
> Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
>> Ronald Warsow wrote:
>>> did you try on the command line:
>>>
>>> pppoe -I eth0 -A
>>>
>>> to test, if you can see your Access Concentrator ?
>>>
>>> (assuming your network device is eth0 *and* up)
>>
>> I now did. It just says:
>>
>> pppoe: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
>>
>> Any other ideas that might help me diagnose the problem?
>
> Does this mean you *can* see the mac address of your AC ? and
> you can't connect to it ?

No, I cannot see the mac address of the AC when in dom0. Following is
the exact result.

In non-xen kernel: (adsl works)
===============================
[root at gaia ~]# pppoe -I eth0 -A
Access-Concentrator: ULMC03-10k
Got a cookie: ea 64 c2 d8 c9 f6 70 96 72 27 c2 72 eb 23 fb 1d
AC-Ethernet-Address: 00:19:e8:6e:70:31
[root at gaia ~]#

In xen-kernel, dom0: (adsl does not work)
[root at gaia ~]# pppoe -I eth0 -A
pppoe: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
[root at gaia ~]#

Something must be the problem with the xen-kernel or the linux setup
when the xen-kernel is chosen at bootup, or?

With best regards,
Arik