[Fedora-xen] New Virtual Machine Migration Problems with Fedora Core XEN

taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu
Fri Jul 20 02:23:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

As to the previous email (Virtual Machine Migration Problems with Fedora
Core XEN), I have some ways to solve the problem.

To enable the Virtual Machine Manager to run, after changing the
configuration file /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp, The line

#(xend-unix-server yes)

shouldn't be commented.

However I have some new problems when I did the migration.

During the migration process, I can use "xm list" at source and
destination hosts to show what domains are running.

It shows that XEN1 (the guest domain that I want to migrate from source to
destination host) is migrated, since at source host, the domain name,
XEN1, becomes migrate-XEN1, and at destination host, one more domain,
XEN1, appears.

But after the migration is finished, both of the two hosts don't have
domain XEN1.

As far as I know, the virtual machine migration just migrate XEN1 from one
host to another. XEN1 should be at the destination host after the
migration completes. right?

It seems that XEN1 flies away. ??

Or maybe the migration is not successful. The domain list shown by "xm
list" are not real. ??

And at the source host, I can use "xm create -c XEN1" to start the domain
XEN1 again. really weird !! And it can be migrated to the same destination
again.

Anybody has similar experiences before or know how to slove this problem?

Thanks for you time.

Best Wishes
Angel