[Fedora-xen] Win2k3 domU has lost NIC

Andy Burns fedora.lists at burns.me.uk
Sun Jul 22 14:31:32 UTC 2007

Fedora 7 with xen3.1, and domU HVM Win2K3 all 64bit

Was all working fine and domU had been shitdown/restarted several
times and still worked.

Now the domU starts up, but no NIC but has not NIC, so obviously I
can't RDP to the server, but can still get in using VNC console in
Device manager, the NIC is now absent and the only yellow question
mark is for the "driverless" xenbus PCI device which was there
previously.

Many other domU using Fedora paravirt are still fine so I don't
suspect general xen or bridge issues.

from the dom0 dmesg when starting the windows domU I see
device vif13.0 entered promiscuous mode
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): vif13.0: link is not ready

where when starting other domUs I see
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): vif12.0: link is not ready
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): vif12.0: link becomes ready
eth0: port 7(vif12.0) entering learning state
eth0: topology change detected, propagating
eth0: port 7(vif12.0) entering forwarding state
vif12.0: no IPv6 routers present

xm dmesg doesn't show anything

Can I get any info out of qemu-dm that might help?

Suggestions welcome ....