[Fedora-xen] network io load

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Tue Jul 24 11:19:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 02:58:42PM +0200, Tadeas Mengler wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have Xen related issues. I try to describe it as best as I can.
> While transmitting large amounts of data from domU the IO load
> increases greatly, thus making the domU unusable. The load is
> significant even on dom0. The performance of cpus and hard drives is
> not an issue. We have this problem on all servers with diferent hw
> configurations. Please do you know the reason of this behaviour, do you
> have any experience whith such problems?

I'm going to ask you almost the same questions as on centos-list..

Nope, no such experience with many xen hosts.

How do you measure this "IO load" ? What effects does it have?

What kind of hardware do you have (cpu/mem/nic/disk or raid
controller/disks)?

Are you running centos5? latest updates installed? or fedora? what fedora
version? what kernels?

Can you post any performance data? How does this "io load" make domU
unusable?

I'm sorry byt your problem description lacks a lot of important
information..

-- Pasi