[Fedora-xen] Easier Way to configure domainU

taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu
Tue Jul 24 20:48:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I want to configure a new domainU from existing domain. Can I just copy
the image file (/var/lib/xen/images/box) and also copy the configuration
file of existing domain?

The format of configuration file is like this:

# Automatically generated xen config file
name = "xen2"
memory = "1000"
disk = [ 'tap:aio:/var/lib/xen/images/box2,xvda,w', ]
vif = [ 'mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, bridge=xenbr1', ]
vnc=1
vncunused=1
uuid = "9297c728-efe7-025f-3b35-02f92474aa6e"
bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"
vcpus=1
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'

I will change the name to a new name, set vcpu to 4. But I don't know how
to  get a unique mac address and uuid. Anybody know?

And except for create the image file and configuration file, what else do
i need to do?

PS: I use the Fedora XEN.

Thanks for your time.

Best Wishes