[Fedora-xen] Centos5 Dom0 and Fedora7 DomU

Brian McDonald brian.mcdonald at mcdees-specialties.com
Wed Jun 6 16:08:24 UTC 2007

I am having problems getting a fedora7 domu running under my Centos5 Dom0
(this is a centos5 server no graphical interface)

I followed the same steps to created the fedora 7 domu as I have for
creating the cenots5 domu that I have on the same box.

I downloaded the vmlinux and initrd from here
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/
images/xen/

Xm config:

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-f7xeninstall"
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-f7xeninstall"
extra = "text ks=http://www.mcdees-specialties.com/fed7/minimal-ks.cf"
name = "fed7"
memory = "230"
disk = [ 'tap:aio:/var/lib/xen/images/fed7.img,xvda,w', ]
#vif = [ '', ]
vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0', ]
ip = "192.168.1.202"
netmask = "255.255.255.0"
gateway = "192.168.1.1"
vcpus=1
on_reboot = 'destroy'
on_crash = 'destroy'

When I run
xm create -c fed7inst

it gets to here and stops

Using IPI No-Shortcut mode
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/51712
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vif/0
Freeing unused kernel memory: 180k freed
Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 762k

Any and all ideas are welcome