[Fedora-xen] fedora 7 guest problems under fedora 6 host

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Wed Jun 6 20:48:36 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 04:44:44PM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:41:59 +0000
> tom.horsley at att.net (Tom Horsley) wrote:
>
> > If I try to do a paravirt install from the fedora 7 DVD image
> > (mounted under apache to be accessible on the network), the
> > virt-manager app crashes as soon as it is about to start the
> > install.
>
> Right. I forgot the Xen version on fc6 can't do paravirt to
> different arch, this one is explained :-).
>
> Anyone ever done something like a dd from the fc7 live dvd to
> the virtual machine's filesystem in a file to get fc7 installed
> entirely from the dom0 without booting the VM at all till
> everything already exists on the VM's filesystem?

What if you use QEMU to create the image, and then put the support in?
Copy the kernel from Dom0, make a new initrd, and then boot. Now, if I
could only figure out where my network is located!!!

qemu-img create -f raw debian.img 5G
qemu -cdrom ../../iso/debian-40r0-i386-netinst.iso -hda debian.img -m 256 -boot d
qemu  -hda debian.img -m 384

brian
--
Brian Lavender