[Fedora-xen] Re: XEN-3.0.3 on RHEL-5, fully virtualized guest of RH72 won't start after install finishes.

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Tue Jun 12 15:38:14 UTC 2007

>> Now that I figured out that I have to go to a command line prompt and
>> type "xm create -c /etc/xen/rh72-test",
>
> That is no longer neccessary. Virt-manager can do that. You can also
> do it with 'virsh'  which is the preferred tool for command line usage
>
>   virsh start rh72-test

Thanks Dan, that helps.  I'm glad the Virt-Manager GUI is being updated.

>>  <0>Kernel panic: Attempted to kill the idle task!
>
> Please file BZ reports for any kernel panic issues - mailing lists
> are a very bad way to track kernel bugs.

The virtual machine kernel is the one panicking.
Do you think anybody is going to care about a RH7.2 kernel panic?
Nobody will care, right?
They would close the BZ report just saying it is old, unsupported
in this configuration (running that old 7.2 kernel in a Xen environment).

Isn't "fully-virtualized" Xen supposed to be able to run any
i386 system that can utilize the virtual hardware presented?

-Ben.