[Fedora-xen] resizing Xen para-virtualized guest partition

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Mon Jun 25 16:28:39 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 06:26 -0400, Jeff Layton wrote:
> ...reboot the domU, since it'll still be in use. When it comes back, it
> should see the new partition table. Now (assuming the PV for the domU
> volgroup is /dev/xvda2):
>
> root at domU# pvresize /dev/xvda2

Damn!  I figured everything else out, and this step completely escaped
me!  I figured I had to resize the LV, but didn't realize that the fdisk
bit actually changed the size of the "disk".

Thanks for the pointer.  I'm going to try it out - I'm sure it will
work.

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 i686 GNU/Linux