[Fedora-xen] f7 trunk dom0 ifcfg startup creates 2 bridge no vlan int

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 25 17:53:25 UTC 2007

----- "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 10:29:52AM -0700, Dale Bewley wrote:
> >  (vif-script /bin/true)
>
> This still needs to be vif-bridge - since this is the script used to
> connect
> the guest interface to the bridge device for the VLAN you're creating
> later.

Thanks

> > It seems that the Fedora goal is to take the original name for an
> > interface, in this case eth0.6 and make that a bridge and move its
> > guts to something like peth0.6.
>
> > I don't wanna be deprecated so I tried to play along and setup
> > the ifcfg files like so:
> >

> Hmm, does it make any difference if you make the ifcfg-XXX script
> name
> match the DEVICE= name, eg  instead of ifcfg-vlan6phy have
> ifcfg-peth0.6
> And instead of ifcfg-vlan6br have ifcfg-eth0.6

Seems not. Still 2 bridges with no interfaces assigned to them.

eth0.6          8000.000000000000       no
peth0.6         8000.000000000000       no

And still no /proc/net/vlan.

Yes, VLANs do work if I configure them normally.
i.e.
# ifup vlan16
# ls /proc/net/vlan/
config  eth0.16

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3