[Fedora-xen] ssh to QEMU guest

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Mar 7 17:42:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 17:17 +0000, William John Murray wrote:
>    Thanks Mark,
>             Looks like I better learn how to use qemu natively - I only
> used the nice gui so far. But that is essentially what I am trying to
> get away from.

	Ah, I hadn't realised you were using virt-manager ... I think
et-mgmt-tools at redhat.com is the list you want.

	We don't currently have support for that with QEMU, libvirt and
virt-manager. I think we'll enable it in two ways:

  - Allow you to specify a bridge which you can connect to, so e.g. you
    could connect qemu to xenbr0 and ssh to it just like a Xen guest

  - Allow you to connect your QEMU guest to a virtual network[1] and
    then you'll automatically be able to connect to it from dom0.
    Longer term, we also plan to allow you to specify a DNAT mapping so
    that connects to a dom0 port would be re-directed to a specific
    ip/port on the virtual network.

Cheers,
Mark.

[1] - As in http://www.gnome.org/~markmc/virtual-networking.html