[Fedora-xen] IRQ and Controller not found

Craig H craigmobile at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 08:44:28 UTC 2007

After installing domu and rebooting, I get the following errors:

rtc:IRQ 8 is not free
and
i8042.c: No controller found.

Going to boot Fedora Core (2.6.18-1.2798.fc6xen)
  kernel: /vmlinuz-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6xen
  initrd: /initrd-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6xen.img
Started domain xenbox1
rtc: IRQ 8 is not free.
i8042.c: No controller found.

I searched the manual and the mailing lists. The mailing lists made
reference to networking.  network shows type: bridge source:xenbr0 and a MAC
address

i assigned domu a static IP during setup.

I can get domu running using xm create -c xenbox1, but i get the above
errors and can not get console.  I'm curently at a loss for how to manage
the virtual server.

12/03/2007 11:06:06 Autoprobing TCP port
12/03/2007 11:06:06 Failure autoprobing: Cannot assign requested address
12/03/2007 12:40:22 Autoprobing TCP port
12/03/2007 12:40:22 Failure autoprobing: Cannot assign requested address
Nothing to flush.

Link veth0 is missing.
This may be because you have reached the limit of the number of interfaces
that the loopback driver supports.  If the loopback driver is a module, you
may raise this limit by passing it as a parameter (nloopbacks=<N>); if the
driver is compiled statically into the kernel, then you may set the
parameter
using loopback.nloopbacks=<N> on the domain 0 kernel command line.

I do have iputils and iproute installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig