[Fedora-xen] Windows XP install failed on FC6-Xen

NoisilySilent noisilysilent at nerdshack.com
Wed Mar 21 20:14:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

Installation hangs after first reboot during Windows XP installation
procedure.

System first boots from CD as expected, formats an NTFS file system, copies
installation files, reboots and . hangs.

Looking at the log, I had a "vncpasswd error" => created a vncpasswd and got
rid of this error message.

Now, no error is logged, but still I get a blank screen whenever I try to
"xm create" this Windows host.

System is a Dell Latitude D620 notebook, Intel Core2 Duo processor, FC6
downloaded last week, Xen installed via YUM, so I don't know exactly which
version yum installs, 3.?.?

Anybody got clues, as I didn't find anything through google search?

Cheers