[Fedora-xen] dummy network interface laptop configuration problem

Deependra Shekhawat jeevanullas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 08:45:47 UTC 2007

Hello guys,

I am using Redhat Enterprise Linux 5 with Xen. Now I have a laptop on which
RHEL5 is installed. I read the docs related to Xen on redhat's website where
in the troubleshooting section they say to create a dummy0 network interface
and bridge xenbr0 to dummy0 and finally NAT'ing  dummy0 so that it can
access the public net.
Well I tried that article and I created a dummy0 interface as told in there
and also bridged dummy0 to xenbr0 in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp but I am
getting problem in configuring NAT'ing (so that I can access the public
network from within the virtual machine).
I am using the script given here:
https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Virtualization-en-US/ch-virt-laptop-configurations.html

When I run the script I get these two errors:
./S99XenLaptopNAT: line 21: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
./S99XenLaptopNAT: line 24: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Regards
Deependra
--
Enjoy Life !