[Fedora-xen] Guests from other distros

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Sun Mar 25 20:57:29 UTC 2007

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:49:27 +0800
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Are there any useful docs for me to read?

Not really, but I've found the best bet is to go ahead and install
the other distro in its own partitions, set it up to run Xen as a Dom0
system, make sure that all works, then fiddle with the grub config to
boot the xen kernel you were running as Dom0 directly, not as a module
under the hypervisor, and fiddle the "real" fedora dom0 to have a
config that uses pygrub as a boot loader and maps the virtual disks
to the same devices as the physical partitions were when you installed
it. Here's my web page with the story of my various struggles with xen:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/xen-fci.html