[Fedora-xen] Re: Windows XP install failed on FC6-Xen

Alexei a1111111 at front.ru
Mon Mar 26 07:17:46 UTC 2007

NoisilySilent <noisilysilent <at> nerdshack.com> writes:

> Installation hangs after first reboot during Windows
> XP installation procedure.

I installed windows on fc6 x64 as follows:

1. first stage of installation ( just to when winsp tried to re-ipl)
I run on qemu. Actually qemu and xen use the same format of disk emulations.

2. After when winxp asked to re-boot, I constructed .hvc file with disk from
first stage and it worked OK since then.

Hope this helps.