[Fedora-xen] Re: Windows XP install failed on FC6-Xen

NoisilySilent noisilysilent at nerdshack.com
Wed Mar 28 18:31:49 UTC 2007

OK, I finally made it!!

So for those willing to install Win XP on Dell Latitude D620, these are the
steps:

1) Press F5 at the very beginning of Win XP installation, just when it asks
to press F5 for additional RAID support.
2) This pops up a new selection caption where you can choose your hardware
architecture: do not choose ACPI architecture. I took "Standard PC"
3) Don't forget to add a cdrom device to your xen WinXP conf file, else it
will reboot but won't find the source disc

Win XP installs and reboots perfectly. Needless to say mouse management is a
bit crappie ;-) but TSE access to the Windows system is simply great (using
rdesktop)!!

Thanks for your help and replies

Cheers

charles