[Fedora-xen] resizing Xen para-virtualized guest partition

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue May 8 03:36:52 UTC 2007

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Tue, 8 May 2007, John Summerfield wrote:
>
> [useful answer by Dan]
>
>> Please read ny sig. I really do not want off-list replies. Once I have ADSL at
>> home when I move house, hopefully in a couple of weeks, they will simply
>> bounce.
>
> Someone takes the effort to help you by hitting "reply" and you're whining

You got that wrong. I am offering help. Read what I said.

> about receiving a duplicate message you could have filtered out with procmail
> on a properly connected server if it was *that* important to you:

No, the default operation of mailman is to recognise the cc: and not
send to anyone in the cc: list.

>               :0 Wh: msgid.lock
>               | formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

That assumes that everyone can use procmail. Not everyone has that
access, and not all mail setups use procmail for delivery. If you read
the dovecot+sendmail instructions at the dovecot site you will see one
that doesn't.

> Adding this to your procmail takes less time, and less characters for your
> to download once your messages with the above three lines hit your own
> mailing list membership :P

You simply do not understand my setup. Until you do, not cannot offer
useful advice.

> If you would cause bounces on the lists that I maintain, you'd simply be
> unsubscribed, just like people with out of office replies or badly looping
> forward rules.

Hopefully, lists you manage facilitate discussion by directing replies
to the list.

In any case, the bounces will only be to those who reply off-list, and
they're designed not to irritate those folk, but to defeat spammers. I
do not have an email address that does not get spammed, but I have
thought of how to make them clean.

It involves firewall rules that direct access from approved sources
(those that host lists I am interested in) to the mail server where
those email accounts are known. Email from other sources will be bounced
"recipient unknown" if I'm in a good humour at the time. Alternatives
are to reject or drop the connexion attempts.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait