[Fedora-xen] Installing RHEL5 Paravirt on top of RHEL 5 hangs!

Samuel Abreu de Paula samuel at debian-ce.org
Tue May 8 18:11:15 UTC 2007

Hi, i dont know i here is the right place to ask, but im doing some
tests on RHEL 5 and didn´t find any other place to ask!

Im trying to install RHEL 5 as guest OS on a VM using virt-manager on
a RHEL 5...

I install xen packages, virt-manager, put 2GB ram for the main domain
and im trying to create a VM.

I get all RPMS from 5 cdroms of RHEL 5, put in a directory, copy the
images directory of CD 1 too, run createrepo in that directory using
the /Server/repodata/comps-rhel5-server-core.xml from CD 1.

put that directory on a place where i can reach by apache.

Start virt-manager, create new, using a file as a disk to vm and start
the installation, first hangs right after set root password, i find in
some release note that RHEL 5 need more than 1 GB ram to installation.
I try again, put 2GB (the server have 8GB ram) and he reach the next
step, selecting the packages!  I let the default option and hit next.
Than take about 1:30 hours to complete the dependency check on files
selected to install, and then hangs!

The problem is im totally stuck, i look all files on system, all
commands i could use on xen to get some information and nothing.

Anyone have any idea what can i do to fix it, or to get more
information about what is the problem?

Thanks.