[Fedora-xen] [patch] GUI for spacifying additional kernel parameters

Robert Story rstory-l at 2006.revelstone.com
Fri May 11 02:58:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007 15:54:54 +0100 Daniel wrote:
DPB> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 02:46:44PM +0200, Alexander Todorov wrote:
DPB> > I needed to use additional kernel parameters when installing a Xen
DPB> > guest. I was testing modifications of anaconda.
DPB>
DPB> Could you give an example of the kind of kernel parameters you are
DPB> needing to provide. Traditionally the most common need was for various
DPB> hardware workarounds, which shouldn't be neccessary in paravirt case.

I'll be glad to give you an two examples that I've just run into...

1) noirqdebug ; to keep the domU from _disabling_ a shared IRQ used by a
devices passed through via pciback, thus hosing the same IRQ for the dom0 (not
a good thing when the shared IRQ is for your IDE controller in the dom0).

2) swiotlb=force to eliminate the kernel BUG when the domU accesses the
device passed through via pciback