[Fedora-xen] Re: fc6xen kernel panic after yum update

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at online.de
Sat May 19 22:36:11 UTC 2007

Tauren Mills wrote:
> Has anyone else had this problem?  I can't be the only one who had
> updated to this version.  If you have updated and things are working
> fine, I'd like to know.  That way at least I'll know it is something
> on my end.
>
> Thanks,
> Tauren
>

> On 5/14/07, Tauren Mills <tauren at groovee.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I used yum update on a newly installed dual cpu i386 FC6 system a
>> couple days ago. My system was updated from Fedora Core
>> 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6xen to 2.6.20-1.2948.fc6xen. The update went fine.

no problems here with my AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core and xen kernel
2948, but it's a x86_64 installation.

you can compare both initrd's from the xen kernels - assuming you still
have both - via:

- copy them to two different directories
- zcat initrd... | cpio -di
- compare the files "init" , esp. lines: mkrootdev ... and insmod ... or
for last part compare the directories "lib".

or take a look at

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=Fedora+Core&version=fc6&component=kernel-xen&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=MODIFIED&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=

--
      ronald