[Fedora-xen] Slow Disk I/O with Xen in Linux

Kamron B kamron22 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 16:42:08 UTC 2007

The issue is described bellow:
	When running Windows Vista ultimate in a domain with
two vcpus, and then do a heavy disk IO in domain0, the
Vista will blue screen with such message "a clock
interrupt was not received on a secondary processor
within the allocated time interval" with Bug Check
0x101.
This bug can always be reproduced by running the
memory testing from Linux Performance Testing suite in
domain 0. Note: domain 0 must use the hard disk as
swap place.

I need some helps from Linux expert.
Why the system is very slow when you access the hard
disk frequently under Linux?
Does it allowed to preempt when do disk i/o access
from 2.6.18 Linux kernel?
The detailed process of disk I/O handler under Linux.
The interrupt status, the cpu status and buffer lock