[Fedora-xen] No agpgart? What?

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Fri Oct 12 17:32:58 UTC 2007

Hi, gang.  I'm trying to get an F7-based Xen dom0 running on my laptop
(so I can run the "Dark Lord's" Vista as a domU).  The laptop is an
HP dv6000 with an Intel Duo Core proc and has the Intel graphics
chipset.

It all works well under F7, but the xen kernel doesn't create the
agpgart devices as witnessed by the Xorg.0.log:

(EE) GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such file or directory)
(WW) intel(0): /dev/agpgart is either not available, or no memory is
available
for allocation.  Using pre-allocated memory only.

and hence, I can't use X (which makes Xen fairly useless to me).  This
is a fully updated F7.  Relevant modules:

	kernel-xen-2.6.20-2936.fc7
	xen-libs-3.1.0-6.fc7
	xen-3.1.0-6.fc7

Any ideas?
- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-           Denial.  It ain't just a river in Egypt anymore!         -