[Fedora-xen] Follow up to "No agpgart? What?"

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 06:41:30 UTC 2007

Rick Stevens wrote:
> (EE) GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such file or directory)
> (WW) intel(0): /dev/agpgart is either not available, or no memory is
> available
> for allocation.  Using pre-allocated memory only.
> (==) intel(0): VideoRam: 7676 KB
> (EE) intel(0): [dri] I830CheckDRIAvailable failed: glx not loaded
> (II) intel(0): Allocating 255 scanlines for pixmap cache
> (EE) intel(0): Failed to allocate framebuffer. Is your VideoRAM set too
> low?
> (EE) intel(0): Couldn't allocate video memory

Are you starting X immediately after booting, or some time later?

I don't think the agpgart message is relevant.  What I think is
happening is that the driver cannot allocate enough videoram, or perhaps
cannot allocate it contiguously in physical RAM or something along those
lines.

In any case you should read the i810 manpage (`man i810') and see if any
of the many tips / configuration settings in that page makes any
difference at all.  (Particularly play with increasing or decreasing
VideoRam, and disabling DRI).

If that doesn't help then it's probably a general Xen problem, so asking
about this upstream on xen-users[1] or xen-devel[2] lists could help.

In any case, if you find a way to fix it please let us know.

Rich.