[Fedora-xen] problem creating my 1st VM

Guillaume guillaume.chardin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:23:17 UTC 2007

> It has been a while since I have used a paravirtualized vm, so my responses
> will be vague, but perhaps helpful.
> Regarding your original install, both previous responses made good points.
> However, I thought some additional explanation might be helpful:
> a)
> -The kernel line you put in your config makes your vm boot that kernel (the
> one on your local disk), so you are already using a xen kernel to boot that
> vm.
Is there a problem by using the kernel use to boot up the system (Dom0) ?
If I understand, you mean that I have to use a kernel dedicated to
boot all DomU ! Why, is there some limitation by using this kernel
(Dom0) for running VM ?

> -There are ready made xen compatible installs of OSes on disk images
> available for download at various places, you should be able to find
> instructions on how to get thee images into your vm's virtual drive as well.
Ok, but I want first, understand how Xen works, and then, i'll get
theses files. I prefer to learn by getting rid of theses problem
before, its a godd formation i think. And i tought too, it's more
quick to use ready-to-use Xen images files.

Thanks for your time :)