[Fedora-xen] Guest Installation via local http fails

Claus Reheis polytropolis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 20:24:17 UTC 2007

Hi all!

I found some time and thought about playing around with Xen 3.1 in
Fedora 7!
I tried to setup Fedora 7 as a para-virtualized guest on a Fedora 7 host
with help of a nice howto in the O`Reilly book about Fedora what suggest
the folling steps:

1)Setup a network installation server in Dom0:

setenforce 0

ln -s /media/disk/ /var/www/html/fedora

service httpd start

2)Start the Installation with virt-manager

The installation starts up fine until I can choose the installation
method!I choose http and after I always get the Error message:

"Unable to retrieve http://192.168.0.123/fedora//images/stage2.img "

The strange things are the two *//* !I cant get rid of it!I tried any
combination who came to my mind, but no success until now...

When I open Firefox and go to

http://192.168.0.123/fedora/images/stage2.img

or

localhost/fedora/images/stage2.img

the file just downloads fine without any error!
I tried the http installation from a fedora server:

http://limestone.uoregon.edu/ftp/fedora/linux/7/Fedora/x86_64/os/

No problem either!
So what is wrong with my attempt to install from the local server?

Thanks for your help,

Claus