[Fedora-xen] Xen Windows paravirtualized drivers in Fedora 7?

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Thu Sep 13 13:15:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 09:08:11AM -0400, achan at jonathan360.com wrote:
> It was my understanding that windows drivers in paravairtualization is
> not possible because of the windows kernel, not because of lack of
> drivers.  For it to work properly the kernel would need altered which is
> against the EULA of Microsoft.  At least that was my understanding.

Nope, that's not true.

Xensource, Virtual Iron and Novell have Windows paravirtualized drivers
available for Xen, but they are commercial and only work with their products..
and I think Redhat is planning to have them later this year as well.

I think nothing prevents making opensource windows paravirtualized xen
drivers.. the problem is that it's so huge job, that noone has done that
yet.. or people/companies who have done that, want to get paid for their
work..

-- Pasi