[Fedora-xen] Mouse problem with FC7 uptodate, Windows XP virt machine, rdesktop connection.

Eduardo Pereira Habkost ehabkost at redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 19:01:45 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 08:13:23PM +0200, NoisilySilent wrote:
> Hey, this is EXACTLY the same behavior!!!
>
> Actually I think we are facing the same problem.
> I can move it to the right slowly too.
> This sounds really similar.
>
> Unfortunately, in my situation it is reproducible as it happens every time
> :(

I have managed to reproduce it without using the Eclipse-based
application.

I simply create a new full-virtualization guest (using virt-install)
while moving heavily the mouse cursor. It will eventually get stuck in
the left side of the display, when the vncviewer Window is shown.

Restarting the X server solves the problem most of times, but I managed
to get the cursor stuck on the left if I move the mouse heavily while
the X server is restarting.

I have found a workaround, also:

'xset m 1/1 1000' (in practice it will disable the mouse acceleration
by setting a huge threshold) make the cursor behave properly. Enabling
mouse acceleration again gets the cursor stuck again. This makes me
believe that this is a Xorg bug, but that may be triggered more easily
when running Xen.

--
Eduardo