[Fedora-xen] Newby Help

Walter Coole WCoole at aperiogroup.com
Tue Apr 8 19:32:40 UTC 2008

My version of virt-install doesn't understand --nogfx, but I tried:

sudo virt-install -n hockey -r 512 -f /var/lib/xen/images/hockey.img -s 4 --nographics -x "linux text" -l http://192.168.1.117/mirror/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/x86_64/os

, which led to a partial success.  Anaconda got well beyond the minstg2.img step (although I don't really know why this would work.  It did give me this:

      ┌────────────────────────────┤ Error ├────────────────────────────┐
      │                                                                 │
      │ Unable to read package metadata. This may be due to a missing   │
      │ repodata directory.  Please ensure that your install tree has   │
      │ been correctly generated.  Cannot open/read repomd.xml file     │
      │ for repository: anaconda-base-200610172015.x86_64               │
      │                           │ Abort │                             │

I don't really understand what it's looking for, since http://192.168.1.117/mirror/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml is there and looks like sensible XML to a casual glance.  It doesn't refer to anything like "anaconda-base-200610172015.x86_64".

192.168.1.117/mirror has a copy of download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora, as I don't know of a better place to get a tree from.  I'm running out of space and bandwidth, so it's not complete, but pub/fedora/linux/core/6/x86_64 looks complete.

Walter