[Fedora-xen] Re: Fedora9 and HP ML350

Markus Armbruster armbru at redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 10:00:22 UTC 2008

[Quoting fixed]

"Alroger L. Gomes F." <alroger.filho at sdev.com> writes:

> "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> writes:
>> Xen Dom0 host is *NOT* supported in Fedora 9. Only  DomU guest is
>> supported. If you need dom0 host, stay on Fedora 8.
>>
>> Dan.
>
> Dan, what do you mean? You mean in this beta stage, or what?
> What about all the talks of bringing kernel-xen uptodate with the
> latest kernels and P2V tools?
[...]

F9 will not support Xen Dom0 when released.  Whether we will be able
to provide that support in a later update I can't say.

Old kernels are unsupportable in F9, and splitting resources between
more forward porting of the Xen kernel patches and the pvops kernel
makes no sense; we'd get neither done.  So we opted for getting pvops
done, because when that's done it's *done*.  Unfortunately, we
couldn't get there in time for F9.