[Fedora-xen] [Fwd: Number 9, number 9. Fedora 9 Preview has been cleared for takeoff!]

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 15:39:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 15:30 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > Hey,
> > 	There doesn't appear to be any install trees yet for the F9 Preview
> > release, but please do try and run F9 rawhide in your Xen DomU (both
> > i686 and x86_64) and help us flush out any remaining issues in the lead
> > up to the final release.
> >
> > 	The current blocker list looks like:
> >
> >   https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=434756&hide_resolved=1
> >

> Installing x86_64 on F8 x86_64 host, I'm hung at "installing bootloader".

	Yep, that's this one:

  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/442685

	Basically, the x86_64 kernel-xen doesn't currently have support for
running 32 binaries, so grub-install fails at the very end of the
install and anaconda hangs.

	If you just reboot the guest at that point, all is well since pygrub
doesn't actually need grub-install to have been run.

	It's on F9Blocker and hopefully we'll fix it either with an ugly,
temporary hack in anaconda or by getting ia32 support into
kernel-xen.x86_64.

	(You wouldn't have seen the bug looking at PvOpsTracker because I moved
PvOpsTracker from F9Blocker to F9Tracker and moved #442685 from
PvOpsTracker to F9Blocker)

Cheers,
Mark.