[Fedora-xen] kvm usb support

Douglas Sikora dsikora at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 15:25:18 UTC 2008

In a nutshell .. How do I enable usb support in a kvm host?

what I know so far ..
usb support can be enabled just like in qemu

(which I found was :
	-usb            enable the USB driver (will be the default soon)
	-usbdevice name add the host or guest USB device 'name'
)

I created and launch this kvm host with virt manager --- I do not know
where to add these flags in virt manager to launch the host and could
not locate a command line for kvm  to enable the usb support. Am I
missing something here?

I am using Fedora 9 (patched to latest) and my kvm host is blecckkkk ..
winxp (not going to go into why I need it but suffice it to say I need
it)

thanks for input in advance for this, I will continue to scour the web.